Tuesday, November 8, 2016

What is something you think people should know but probably do not know about your culture?
            China has a very long history, since thousands years ago. Our ancestor started to build the country and develop Chinese culture. So even it pasted along years, there are still many things exit. Because there are so many things in the Chinese culture, so there must be something different from other cultures and hard to guess and understand. So next, I will introduce some part Chinese culture that people do not know about Chinese festival.
            There are so many meaningful festivals in Chinese culture, QingMing Festival is a very important festival for sacrificing the ancestors. Typically, in the day of Qingming, people will bring oblation like some food, alcohol and sacred money to their ancestor’s grave, if they are away from their hometown, they can choose the crossroad to replace. Typically, people will use mock and draw a circle in the land and burn the sacred money in the circle, that means giving money to their ancestor in another world. Additionally, they could say something that they want to say and clean the land around the tomb for showing respect. For me, the meaning of QingMing festival is very important. It expresses our respect and memory to our dear family. Sometime, it is important for us to stop and look back.
            Next, I want to introduce the greatest Chinese festival-spring festival. Spring festival origin is from an old mythology. Long years before, there is a monster existed in the mainland and did many bad things. As long as the monster show up, people have a leave their hometown and hide in the mountain. Luckily, a hero killed the monster in a year. People celebrate the brave action and define this day as a celebrate day. As time going on, this celebrate day became spring festival.  During spring festival, people like to use red things to cloth to their home, like big red lantern and tie some red paper in front of the door. Family members wear the new clothes and gather in to together to celebrate. Also the eldership need to give the younger red pocket. Firecracker also play an important role in that day, so it would be very noisy in the morning. I really like spring festival and enjoy this kind of jollification and also the big family atmosphere. Unfortunately, since I started to study aboard, I never spend time enjoying the spring festival in home, that make me sad, especially when the spring festival is closer, my homesick is harder and deeper. I like spring festival and hope that there is one day I can spend time with my whole family in that day.

            The festival is a good expression of on culture, the Chinese festival that I mention express the mentioned express Chinese’s emotion to their ancestor and family. 

1 comment:

  1. I love festivals!! The way that you are describing the festivals makes me feel that I would greatly enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete