Wednesday, December 7, 2016

           For the event that could promote awareness of my topic, I’d like to introduce my own event which will help people learn more about the drink culture and how the way of drinking in-fluent people. This event is pretty interesting and real, and use real experience to make people feel about the differences between two cultures. In general, we set up two types of party, one is American party and another one is traditional Chinese party (there will be some rules which people need to follow to make sure the party going well). Then two types of group will be invited to the party, one group is American and another one is all Chinese (notice all people need to speak English), hold two parties together but each party include half Chinese and half America, in American party America will teach Chinese how to make the party going well, and in Chinese party, the roles exchange. I will get people join by providing free drink and meal, it’s also a chance to help people to communicate. People who wish to attach different culture will have interested at this topic.
          The last two event which I have gone before, first one is the music concert which hold in the music building, this is a very amazing music show, I have never been the opera since I come here, the fantastic show of the people in the university of Iowa make me happy and relax. This event helps me learn more about music culture and type of performances in American music form. But it has no relationship with the events that I want to make, there is nothing or rarely things about drink culture, mostly it’s just about music. So this event has no influences to my own event.
          The second event which I arrived named the history of downtown Iowa city, this event is a historical event, aimed to help people learn more about the history in Iowa city. The woman who give the speech is a really nice people. She spends his life learning the history of Iowa city, she visits most of the old people, talk with them for getting information. I’m glad to listen her speech and appreciate her hard-working to make sure the continuation of the history of Iowa city. I am a man who love music since I was very young, I read a lot of history book include many foreign histories. She uses her speech to teach me how to step to contribute the history. Even though, honestly, my own event has nothing related to this event, this event is not about cultures, it is about history.

          First of all, I think the people who join my event will have more understanding to the drink culture and how it influences people’s behaviors.

No comments:

Post a Comment